Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gotta start somewhere

My colleague has been encouraging me to start up a blog, but I have procrastinated for months now. I've written potential posts and then deleted them or saved them to modify later.  I dream about my blog posts and have a diary of article ideas.  But I continually ask myself, "What do I have to say that you, my reader from afar, are interested in?"

It turns out that it doesn't matter because I won't be able to cater to everyone's needs. After reading what seems to be a zillion blogs by athletes, nutritionists/dietitians, coaches, cooks, foodies, I realized my blog site just has to be what it becomes. That's brilliant, eh?

My opinion is blogs are mostly selfish.  Well, it's not the blog medium itself that is necessarily selfish but the person who is authoring the blogs. This is why I have hesitated.  But I've had several athletes suggest I share my stories, my nutrition tidbits, recipes and the like via The Blog.

So, it's time. I've got stuff to say. Stuff to share in this one directional forum. If you like anything you read, please comment in a favorable way. 

Alright now...Let's do this.




No comments:

Post a Comment